Welcome to EliteMS

None of us are safe from sex allegations

in MapleStory Announcements Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:07 am
by usasmokingsale • 16 Posts

If we won't fight injustice wherever we see it, then we are not safe from suffering injustice ourselves. If a man's reputation can be destroyed in an afternoon by a secret kangaroo court, then we too can one day be propelled into a pit of everlasting shame by the same process.

If it can happen to anyone, it can happen to you. And it does happen. Accusations of long-ago sexual crime have become a sort of industry in this country. People are so horrified by them that they almost always believe them.

Because the crime is so foul, we stop thinking. To their shame, police and prosecutors use our horror to get easy convictions, when they must know that their cases are weak. The less actual evidence they have, the more they stress the disgusting nature of the Marlboro Lights 100S alleged crime. And they forget to remind us that it is alleged, not proved.

Equally shamefully, judges do not stop these trials and juries leave their brains at the door. They convict not because they are sure the case has been proved beyond reasonable doubt, but because they are angry and revolted.

I am miserably sure there are disturbing numbers of people in British prisons now, prosecuted on such charges, who are innocent of the accusations against them. It is our fault, because we have forgotten what justice is supposed to be like, and that, if we do not guard it in our hearts, it will perish in the country.

This is why I have spent a shockingly large part of my life in the past two years trying to rescue the reputation of a dead bishop, George Bell of Chichester. I had known of him for many years and thought him a man of saintly courage.

I had also spent a Cigarettes Wholesale very sunny part of an extraordinarily happy childhood in and around Chichester. I learned to be an Englishman, in many ways, in that beautiful, ancient city. Even so, when the Church of England publicly denounced him as a child abuser, I was astonished by the instinctive, molten fury that I then experienced. This was not just an opinion. It kept me awake at night.

Fortunately, I found allies who felt the same. At first slowly and then with gathering strength and confidence, we assembled the evidence which showed that grave wrong had been done. The Church of England, whose senior figures are astonishingly unimpressive and tricky, tried to smear us with false claims that we had attacked the complainant. But they failed, and at last grudgingly agreed to review the case.

When the review told them that they had run an incompetent, miserable kangaroo court and that they had condemned a great man on evidence too weak to hang a hamster, they sat sulkily on that report for nearly ten weeks, until they were jeered into releasing it.

Offer Cheaper Good Quality Newport 100S Cigarettes Online
Cheap Marlboro Cigarettes Suppiers
Cigarettes Online Wholesale Company
Buy USA Authority Newport and Marlboro Cigarettes Online

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 9 Guests are online.:
linchao

We welcome our newest member: EdmundAnderson
Board Statistics
The forum has 2721 topics and 3205 posts.